Title: “All eyes on diversity”- anti-discrimination photo contest Period of time: 8th April – 8thMay 2013 Open to: everyone over 14 years; non-professional photographers Award:
- The best 10 entries will be displayed in an exhibition offering the participants the unique chance to have their photos displayed in a public space;
- The best 10 entries will be used in promotional materials such as postcards and calendars;
- Each participant will receive a guaranteed surprise prize from Policy Center for Roma and Minorities.
Description: 2013 is the European Year of Citizens, dedicated to the rights that come with EU citizenship. Numbering between 10 and 12 million people, the Roma are one of Europe’s largest and most disadvantaged minorities. Annually celebrated on April 8th, International Roma Day, marks the fight against Roma discrimination within the European Union. Express your commitment to a fair and equal Europe in a creative way. Policy Center for Roma and Minorities launches an anti-discrimination photo contest. The aim of the campaign is to mobilise people to snap a shot that challenges prejudices and stereotypes and promotes diversity. Requirements:
- formats allowed: jpeg;
- photos can be both colour and black and white;
- the photos must be original and must not have been previously published elsewhere in professional materials;
- each contestant can only submit one entry.
The photos must be accompanied by:
- a form to be filled in by the contestants with their personal details (name, surname, age, country of residence);
- contact details (postal address, e-mail address, phone number);
- a brief description of the photo (max 150 words).
How to apply: Send your image by post or by e-mail to: Olguta Anghel (firstname.lastname@example.org) Policy Center for Roma and Minorities, Strada Franceză, Nr. 52, Sc. C, Ap. 33, Sector 3, București, România Contact: Olguța Anghel (PR) at email@example.com; +40 0721 72 89 19